Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Some updates

Here's what has happened lately. While stumbling around in a Kafkaesque* reality at the uni for weeks now, waiting for the paperwork of my supposed employment to go through, I've decided to take some days around weekends off, and allow me to start VJing again. Last month I took a flight back to Sweden, for Club Mezcla. (Oh, seems I forgot to blog about it.) I actually I didn't get any VJing done, since I was rather playing records at an last-minute-made dancefloor for six hours straight instead. But that was just as well, since the party turned out to be excellent. And to be honest, who needs visuals when the music is great anyway? Of course, happy dancing people attracts the police, and for sure, this time around they came too. Since my dear friends now are in court for doing something apparently (im not sure what) illegal, I won't write much here until its over, but its enough to say that they practically stormed the place, at 11am on Sunday, one hour after everyone had left and with absolutely zero complaints from neighbors or whoever could want to have called them. It is all very upsetting, I'm still upset and will have to write about it again, when all legal issues is cleared out.

Whatever.

Sitting on a roof, looking out over Berlin with friends / neighbors / room-mates on a warm summer night (although while blogging, it all temporarily escapes me), and not to forget: cocktails! (Pimms is Hammer) makes one forget rather easily. Tomorrow is friday, and there will be a car arriving with old friends from Sweden for the Midsummerparty. Please come! Moreover Dimitrios K is comin' along, so there might be a short Hotet in exile! I will be VJing two or three nights and made some new visuals that uses live video (oggpy + OSC + chuck...) that I still haven't hooked up in my OpenGL framwork (maybe tomorrow...). So I might alternate between my old 3d-generative stuff, and this new thing. There will be at least three dancefloors. Video from inside will be projected with a second projector on the outside, showing people dancing or whatever they are doing, through some beatmatched time-filter(?) directly sync'ed to Traktor or any other program that speaks MIDI clock. Everything is uploaded to the SNV repository, although it has some rather heavy dependencies (no os x video support yet...).

Lightning hits the sky, a short rainfall, and I decide sleeping on the roof will have to wait to another week after all.

Hopefully next post will be full of photos and maybe even a mixtape.

*
Me at the employee-office: So is everthing OK with the paperwork?
Woman: There is one paper missing!
Me: Still? Ok, what kind of paper? What should be in there?
Woman: I don't know
Me: What? Why didn't you tell me?
(silence)
Me: Well, I also don't know what to write in that paper.
(silence)
Woman: Nothing will happen until we have the paper here.
Me: Is there anyone I can ask?
Woman: Yes, but he is very busy.
Me: So... ehm. I will try again next week then.
(and so it goes... another week of doing.. .ehm
arbeit am sonst)

0 Comments: